Compromise is an evil word, but just think, we can compromise and without it there would be no progress, nor could men live together. You may think a person a fool, but if they are an agreeable fool you say nothing. Isn’t that compromise?
Victory is not won in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more.
A person should not compromise their principles, but they need not flaunt them as a banner. There is a time to talk and a time to be still. If a wrong is being done, then is the time to speak out.
Study, gain prestige, and people will ask you solemnly for advice about things of which you know nothing.
There are many ways of fighting. Many a man or woman has waged a good war for truth, honor and freedom, who did not shed blood in the process. Beware of those who would use violence, too often it is the violence they want and neither truth or freedom.
The important thing is to know where you stand and what you believe, Then be true to yourself in all things. Moreover, it is foolish to waste time in arguing about questions with those who have no power to change anything.
- Marriage, Children, and the Ancient Philosophers. Part 1: It’s a Bad Idea. (psychologytoday.com)
- Lives of the Philosophers, Warts and All (3quarksdaily.com)
- Book Review Podcast: Philosophy Edition (papercuts.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Why is poetry more philosophic than history (wiki.answers.com)
- Questions and answers about philosophy (barefootbum.blogspot.com)
- Has philosophers got anything to do with discovering cells (wiki.answers.com)
- The Nietzschean philosophical Superman : The Genius of Heart (louisadheen.wordpress.com)
- Radhakrishnan: the Philosopher’s Philosopher (indowaves.wordpress.com)
- Two tigers and a philosopher (zubinmehta.wordpress.com)