Knowledge Management (KM) may be a new idea to a lot of people, but in fact this idea has been used since 1991. What has this to do with you and I? I think it is the way that governments and more business should use to find out what you and I want and need. Right now most of the politicians are more interested in themselves and how they can better themselves. They use the information that is supplied by lobbyists who really are representing a particular brand or business, not the will of the people who voted them in.
To paraphrase P. T. Barnum ‘You can please some of the people all the time and you can please all the people some of the time. But you cannot please all the people all the time.’ I get the feeling now that the congress members are only doing the first part ALL of the time.
(KM) comprises a range of strategies and practices used in an organization to identify, create, represent, distribute, and enable adoption of insights and experiences. Such insights and experiences comprise knowledge, either embodied in individuals or embedded in organizational processes or practice.
When 9-11 happened this type of strategy was meant to be accomplished in the beginning, but I believe that you could use it for many different sections (all?) of the government. When they created the Department of Homeland Security I think that in the back of their minds was where all the intelligence agencies would get together and use all of their knowledge to secure the safety of the people of the country. But what they have created instead is a multi-legged, multi-armed, multi-headed monster that has by itself 200,000 people who don’t know what are all the different agencies assigned to it or what their goals are. This leads to huge overlap and they are using all the legs to get into all the small places where they use one or more of the arms to gather the intelligence which shows it to one or two of the heads who do not talk to each other because they want to be the BIG hero.
A hero is refered to characters who, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, display courage and the will for self sacrifice—that is, heroism—for some greater good of all humanity. This is what all these heads forgot. They are to be doing their jobs for the ‘greater good of ALL humanity‘.
Knowledge Management (KM) comprises a range of strategies and practices used in an organization to identify, create, represent, distribute, and enable adoption of insights and experiences. Such insights and experiences comprise knowledge, either embodied in individuals or embedded in organizational processes or practice.
- Social knowledge management wasn’t built in a day (inmagicinc.blogspot.com)
- Knowledge Management: Five Distinct Approaches (brighthub.com)
- Green Chameleon ” Trends in Knowledge Management (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Event: Knowledge Management – does it still have a role in organisational strategy?, 24 Mar 2011, London, United Kingdom (gurteen.com)
- Knowledge management (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Collaborgagement Defined | Government In The Lab (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- One Take on Top 50 Knowledge Management Blogs (fastforwardblog.com)
- Tips for Developing a Knowledge Management Strategy (brighthub.com)
- Knowledge Management in Organizations – What do we know today? | מסע, מסה ומשא – תצפית על ארגונים, ניהול וידע (yigalchamish.com)