I have just added a page on one of the smallest building blocks that scientists have found so far. If you put a dot on a piece of paper, these building blocks could be made to equal the size of the dot but would be a complete factory building new blocks that could be used to create new machines and factories. I am talking about Nanotechnology.
These nano particles are so small that they are actually atoms that can be used to build super small and/or super strong materials that we will be able to use in the future. They have already started in using certain types to clean drinking water and being used to create new solar panels that are more efficient thereby decreasing the cost to create new energy.
I know you have seen where they are trying to create nano machines that would be placed in your blood stream and from there they would help clean the walls of the arteries and veins, decreasing or maybe even eliminating hardening of the arteries. They are also thinking of make small machines that would repair your internal organs and maybe even eliminate cancerous materials in our system. Then we wouldn’t have to worry about Prostrate cancer or Mastectomie’s.
By using nano technology we could make stronger and lighter material that could be used to create lighter aircraft and spacecraft. Boeing is now building the 787 with composites and this is really just the first step in really using nano technology. With the space craft being lighter, we could use less fuels to put the equipment into orbit, creating Space Station II.
Who know’s where all of this will end but I hope that more and more companies start to experiment, develop and use this new material building a lighter, stronger, more efficient future for all of us.
- Playing with building blocks of creativity help children with autism (sciencedaily.com)
- What is Nanotechnology? | Nanotechnology is slowly gaining … (ithappensinindia.com)
- The Fields Of Dentistry And Nanotechnology | FourPx Articles (fourpxarticles.com)
- Glidewell Laboratories Announces Nanozirconia Technology Breakthrough (nanotech-now.com)
- Nanotechnology Glossary | Nano Technology (neno-tech-views.com)
- What is nanotechnology? | Nano Technology (neno-tech-views.com)
- Nanotechnology continues to advance | Nano Technology (neno-tech-views.com)
- Advance could speed use of genetic material RNA in nanotechnology (scienceblog.com)
- Advance could speed RNA nanotechnology | Nanotechnology (nanotechnology.org.in)
- Technology – Web: Technology – Micro-and Nanotechnology related to … (technology-web2.blogspot.com)