The only way to lose is to not do anything.
How many times have you mulled a decision to death and by the time you finally made it, it didn’t matter anymore?
It could be about where to go for dinner or what to order once you get there, but putting off the decision isn’t going to get you fed.
Delay Tactics Don’t Help – Learn the 60-second Decision Rule!
No decision needs to take longer than 60 seconds!
By taking 60 seconds at the most to reach you decision, you shut off the chattering monkeys in your head and listen to your instinct (which is always right, admit it – we just tend to talk ourselves out of the right answers because we let our nitpicking brains take over.)
No decisions becomes a comfortable, non-threatening way to live. Never take a real chance, just keep playing at it and muddling around and then you can keep telling yourself that “one day” you’ll hit the right formula.
Or – you can hit it big, now, by just making a decision and GOING WITH IT.
NOW you can forge ahead. If you make a mistake, fix it. It’s a lot easier than sitting there paralyzed by indecision as opportunities – and your life, slip away. By putting off a decision, you are also breaking my main rule: K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid. When you keep thinking of different ways to do something all you are doing is confusing yourself and everyone around you.
So really by keeping the decision within the 60 seconds you are not breaking my main rule but actually keeping within all rules.
When I was in the military, we always had to make a quick decision. The trick is to learn how to eliminate those ideas you know do not work, and compact those left into the one that makes the best sense to you at the time. You might find out later that another decision might have been better, but only because you have learned more about the problem after you made the decision. Therefore stick with the first one, and cry about it later if you need to.
- K.I.S.S. Your Financial Woes Goodbye (wealthartisan.com)
- The Blogging Class ::: Lesson Three (dave-lucas.blogspot.com)
- Mya To Make A Comeback With ‘K.I.S.S.’+Tracklist (fefesiriano.com)
- The K.I.S.S. of Death (bize-mom.com)
- From the HMJ Grow Room: How to germinate your seeds (hailmaryjane.com)
- Tottenham’s financial investment cannot just be given up (footballfancast.com)
- Do You Have A Crappy Resume? Let’s fix it… (choosework.typepad.com)
- Freedom to Decide (leadershipfreak.wordpress.com)