Having written before about nanotechnology and why we should be using it, I am happy to report that there is already many uses being made of this technology. Not just for the Hi-Tech manufacturers but also for daily uses by us.
Some of the uses are in clothing where you can have a pair of pants that will not wrinkle or if you spill something on them, all you have to do is wipe it off and no stain is left.
In 2007, $60 billion worth of nano-enabled products were sold, and this figure is predicted to rise to $150 billion by 2008. Nanotechnology will also produce employment opportunities, with an anticipated 7 million jobs generated globally by nanotechnology in the next decade. By 2014, the Lux Research group predicts that $2.6 trillion in manufactured goods will incorporate nanotechnology — about 15% of total global output.
In the Consumer Products Inventory there are currently 1317 products, produced by 587 companies, in 30 countries. I know, 30 countries are not much or maybe you think that is a large number for such a new process. But just think, Boeing is creating a new aircraft that does not use metal as part of it body but is using nanotechnology to create the body which is lighter and stronger than the bodies being built out of aluminum. Even the new A380 uses nanotechnology to strengthen its wings and to reduce the weight, leaving it the ability to go further on less fuel. Isn’t this what we are all striving for.
The 30 countries are:
- New Zealand
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Czech Republic
There are over 1,000 products being produced by these countries and if you look at the consumer products that use nano silver the number is 244. From storage vessels to cutting boards. The amount of silver is so small that you would have to melt all the products made to get enough silver to sell, thereby it would cost more to melt then what you could get by selling it.
This is the latest list of products made using nanotechnology:
- Cross Cutting
- Electronics and Computers
- Food and Beverage
- Goods for Children
- Health and Fitness
- Home and Garden
- U.S. Defense Department Analyses the Need to Establish Nanotechnology Research Center (azonano.com)
- Nanotechnology – Its Purpose in Gadgets and it is Effects | Ring Pull (ringpull.net)
- Scientist Utilizing Nanotechnology To Improve The Food Safety And Nutrition (foodonline.com)
- verpcelmese: Nanotechnology In Architecture (verpcelmese.blogspot.com)
- Nanotechnology at University of Warsaw gets rare dimensional … (nanowerk.com)
- Research Papers on Nanotechnology ” Essay411.com (essay411.com)
- FDA opens dialogue on nanotechnology regulation (nanowerk.com)
- Nanotechnology policy and necessary law ready by year-end (theborneopost.com)
- NSTC launches Nanotechnology Training Programs | LiveMango India PR (livemango.com)